The tempered glass screen protectors is basically extra durable glass for your glass screen. The plastic screen protector is well, plastic.
As you’re deciding which one to drop your hard earned money on, consider the pros and cons of each.
- Plastic screen protectors are cheaper than tempered glass ones.
- Tempered glass screen protectors are thicker than plastic ones, which provide more protection.
- Plastic ones scratch much easier.
- Tempered glass feel most like the original screen, while fingers may not glide as smoothly over plastic protectors.
- Plastic screen protectors are much less noticeable. Tempered glass ones are thicker, so they bulge out a little.
- It can be harder to install a plastic protector without having bubbles in it.
Glass phone screens will become scratched if you’re not careful. Many people deal with the scratches, but when the screen cracks, they risk cutting themselves. Tempered glass screen protectors and the plastic ones can take on some of the impact when a phone is dropped, which can mean the difference between cracking or not cracking your phone.
When it comes down to it, the user’s preferences matters most. You won’t ever know what you will like best, unless you try it. Try the plastic one first, and if it doesn’t impress you, try the more expensive tempered glass. You’ll like know right away which one you will enjoy the most.
Do You Really Need One?
Some people wonder if they really need one. The answer is….it depends. If you don’t have a problem getting your phone screen repaired with services such as those offered by iResQ, you should probably get a screen protector. It may not guarantee your screen won’t get cracked, but at least, it will protect a little.