There’s an app for this, there’s an app for that. There’s an app for everything. Just think about this for a second. “App” is now a common household term. Not so much a little over three years ago. Over the past year, I was able to accumulate a good amount of apps on my phone. Here, I will list my personal top ten iPhone apps of all time. Starting from ten, here goes:
10. iMovie – Oh boy. Let me be honest, I was actually disappointed with this app at first. It is a terribly limited app for the money, I think. I can go on with the features that should have been included here (like splitting clips, adding more themes, or editing audio). But, when you realize and accept the limitations, it grows on you. If anything, it is a good seed planted by Apple to improve upon. I can’t wait to see what will be added to this in the future.
9. The Weather Channel – Is it just me, or is the native Weather app severely lacking? The Weather Channel app is great. You can check current weather conditions, view the weather radar, get a 36-hour or 10-day forecast, get severe weather alerts, and more. This is what the built in weather app should have been.
8. Angry Birds – I bet a bunch of people expected this to be closer to number one on the list. Well, its my list and I can do what I want.
7. Dish Network– I love this app. I can control my DVR from anywhere (and this comes in handy when I lose my remote). Also, I can watch my T.V. from anywhere. Nuff said. Well, you do need to have Dish Network for this to work, though.
6. Fluent News Reader – I get all my news from this app. Its one app that shows all the latest news from multiple sources.
5. Instapaper – Have you ever stumbled upon a website or article on your computer that you simply don’t have the time to read right away? Well, with this app you can save a website or article for reading on your iOS device. And, once you have it synced up and saved on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you don’t need a web connection to view that page. Pretty cool.
4. Flashlight – No glitz. No glamour. Cheap. I know. But I use this app just about every day and I love it.
3. How Stuff Works – Just got this app last week and can’t stop using it. My favorite part of this app are the podcasts. And my favorite podcast of all available in this app is the “Stuff You Should Know” show. Love it.
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour – Of all the iPhone games that I have (and I have a lot), this is the one I come back to. I like the console versions of this game. But I love the iPhone version. The controls are outstanding. The graphics are pretty darn good. It’s just plain fun.
1. Netflix – For me, the moment of awe with this app was when I started watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” from Netflix on my Nintendo Wii, stopped it, watched a little more later on in the day on my Xbox 360, stopped it, then finished watching the episode later on that night in my bed with my iPhone…from where I left off. Righteous.
What’s your top ten?
Maybe Santa will get you an app for Christmas! If, however, you can’t enjoy your favorite apps because you’re iOS device is broken, we can get that fixed for you. We repair all iOS devices starting from the first gen iPod Touch to the latest and greatest (iPhone 4 Repair and iPad Repair). Hurry though, you don’t want to end up playing the Christmas Edition of Angry Birds in January!